DentaQuest Health Equity Heroes 2020 Call for Nominations
Heroes in the Time of COVID-19
Coronavirus has exposed stark truths about the nation’s long-standing health disparities. The virus is hitting low-income communities especially hard, highlighting gaps in health literacy, access to care and trust in our health care system. As one of the nation's largest dental insurers in the Medicaid space, DentaQuest is a champion of oral health for all. We continue to rethink care with a focus on access and prevention — accelerating Preventistry® to adapt to life during and after COVID-19. Everyone — from community organizers to health leaders and dental care teams to policymakers — plays a part in creating a healthier future.
“As we think about underserved and vulnerable populations and their ability to access care, equity is a top challenge. Many factors impede access, and equity is first and foremost among them. It’s important for us to call out and address inequity and celebrate leaders who are paving a better path forward. That’s how we move the needle on population health.”
— Dr. Myechia Minter-Jordan, President and CEO
DentaQuest Partnership for Oral Health Advancement and Catalyst Institute, Inc.
Looking to nominate a Health Equity Hero? Fill out this form before June 16. We will announce the 2020 DentaQuest Health Equity Heroes this summer.
This year, we’re celebrating heroes amid the risks of COVID-19. Health Equity Heroes help people in large and small ways. They may be clinicians, community leaders, policymakers or advocates. The program aims to highlight and recognize the work of those who are helping to maintain or expand access to equitable oral health care for underserved and vulnerable populations, particularly during the coronavirus pandemic.
These are the changemakers finding ways to work differently, to remediate disparities in health and advance the principles of Preventistry.
DentaQuest will select 12 Health Equity Heroes for 2020. Each will receive:
- A commemorative plaque, highlighting their accomplishment
- A $5,000 donation – in their name – to support the work of a health-related 501(c)3 nonprofit of their choice
- Recognition in DentaQuest outreach and communication materials throughout the year, highlighting their important community work and providing inspiration to others who may be working toward similar goals.
Anyone can nominate an individual that is a hero in this age of COVID-19. Think about people in your network whose work is exemplary and deserving of recognition, particularly those who are active where DentaQuest has an employment or customer footprint. We will accept nominations through June 16 and will announce the 2020 DentaQuest Health Equity Heroes this summer.
Any person working to enable more equitable health outcomes and one or more of the following:
- helps maintain access and continuity of care in these challenging times
- providing emergency care in dental deserts
- adopting telehealth and integrating it for the longer-term health of vulnerable patients
- collaborating with other health providers for holistic care while non-emergency care is on hold
- demonstrates flexibility and out-of-the-box thinking to respond to the pandemic crisis, such as
- unusual partnerships
- unique ways to communicate or engage
- brings oral health into the broader public health conversation, such as
- changing public perception about oral health and disparities
- promoting prevention and health literacy in culturally appropriate ways
Have someone in mind? Nominate your hero today!
DentaQuest is a purpose-driven oral health care company dedicated to improving the oral health of all. We do this through Preventistry® – our all-in approach to better care, expanded access, value-based financing, and innovative solutions. We manage dental and vision benefits for 27+ million Americans and provide direct patient care through our network of more than 85 oral health centers in 5 states. We provide outcomes-based, cost-effective dental solutions for Medicaid and CHIP, Medicare Advantage, small and large businesses, and individuals nationwide. And, we've invested more than $200 million in grants and programs to achieve measurably healthier communities across the country. By advancing prevention-focused oral health, we will achieve better overall health for everyone. Learn more at www.DentaQuest.com and follow us on social: Twitter @DentaQuest, Facebook www.facebook.com/DentaQuest, Instagram @Inside_DentaQuest, and LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/DentaQuest.