DentaQuest Foundation Announces Six New Members Elected to its Board of Directors
The DentaQuest Foundation board of directors elected six new directors during its annual meeting in Boston. These industry leaders have varied backgrounds, bringing a range of expertise, to improve the oral health of all.
“We are excited that these remarkable industry and social justice leaders are joining our board of directors,” said Ralph Fuccillo, president of the DentaQuest Foundation. “These pioneers in the dental, health, policy and business fields are vital to the future work of the DentaQuest Foundation.”
The directors, each of whom will serve a one-year term, include:
- Sarita Arteaga, D.M.D, M.A.G.D., is an associate clinical professor at the University of Connecticut, where she teaches dentistry and treats patients at the UConn Health. In addition to serving as the past president of the Hispanic Dental Association, Dr. Arteaga is currently the chair of the Hispanic Dental Association Foundation’s board of directors.
- Tom Galligan, III, is the retired chairman of Papa Gino’s Holdings Corporation (PGHC). Galligan has more than 30 years of management, finance and operations experience in a number of leadership positions at PGHC, Morse Shoe and PepsiCo.
- Scott Harshbarger serves as senior counsel at Proskauer, and Chair of the firm’s Pro Bono Initiative Committee. Harshbarger served two terms as Attorney General of Massachusetts, where he used the power of collective action to advance social justice issues, including health issues related to tobacco use. He is also past President and CEO of Common Cause, the national not-for-profit citizens’ lobby and government watchdog group. His term marked a major reform and renewal for the organization and thrust Common Cause into the public interest mainstream
- Sandra Owens Lawson, Ph.D., M.S.W., is a licensed social worker with more than 14 years of demonstrated policy and programmatic experience at the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s Center for Substance Abuse Prevention and the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy.
- Steven Pollock, J.D., is the president and chief executive officer of DentaQuest. He has served in a number of leadership roles since joining the company in 2009, and most recently held the position of chief operating officer.
- Robert J. Weyant, M.S., D.M.D, Ph.D., is the associate dean of Public Health and Outreach, and chair and professor of the Department of Dental Public Health at the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine. Dr. Weyant is a diplomat of the American Board of Dental Public Health and editor-in-chief of the Journal of Public Health Dentistry, and works with a number of dental associations and organizations to advance oral care in the nation.
“Working with these leaders on our board, we will continue to engage communities to advance our mission, educate others and eradicate dental disease. Their guidance, strategic counsel and partnership are crucial, and we are looking forward to working with them,” said Dr. Caswell Evans, chair of the DentaQuest Foundation board of directors.
The DentaQuest Foundation is the leading U.S. philanthropy focused solely on oral health. The DentaQuest Foundation is supporting the development of the Oral Health 2020 network, a group of partners committed to working collectively at the national, state and community levels to eradicate dental disease in children and improve lifelong oral health.
CONTACT: Katie Leonard