DentaQuest Announces Call for Health Equity Hero Nominations
Oral Health Leader Continues 5-year Tradition of Recognizing Community Change-Makers
As the leading voice of oral health for all, DentaQuest recognizes and showcases the heroic efforts of community partners and health advocates we call the DentaQuest Health Equity Heroes. These are the change-makers who challenge their peers and communities to work together to remediate disparities in health and to build a stronger, healthier nation. We salute them for their hard work to improve access and for their help in redefining prevention and care.
“Since 2015, we have made it a priority to highlight the critical and inspiring work of these leaders who are changing health in America in large and small ways,” said Steve Pollock, president and CEO of DentaQuest. “As we work to ignite the revolution we call Preventistry, we are proud to continue this important tradition of recognizing community leaders who share and reflect our passion.”
DentaQuest is currently accepting nominations and will select six Health Equity Heroes for 2019. Each will receive:
- A commemorative plaque highlighting their accomplishment
- A $2,000 donation in their name to support the work of a health-related 501(c)3 nonprofit of their choice
- Recognition in DentaQuest outreach and communication materials throughout the year
Who can Nominate?
Anyone can nominate an individual or organization that is making a difference in the health and well-being of their community. Think about people in your network or sphere of influence whose work is exemplary and deserving of recognition. We will accept nominations through April 26 and will announce the 2019 DentaQuest Health Equity Heroes in late May. Click here to make your nomination today.
Who is Eligible for Nomination?
- An individual or team in government, education/academia, business or community support work that
- manages major projects or programs or works in the trenches;
- has made an impact on people’s lives by ensuring access, equity and diversity in health, prevention and care; and
- has made a notable contribution to addressing health disparities that includes an oral health element.
- An individual or team that holds a position of leadership in the community and is recognized and respected for work that aligns with DentaQuest’s mission and focuses on
- prevention, wellness, health literacy;
- facilitating access to high-quality care regardless of race, ethnicity, sexuality, geography, income or other disparate circumstances.
- An individual or team that is active in an area where DentaQuest has an employment or customer footprint. Worthy individuals from all states will be considered.
Examples of Potential Nominees:
- An elected official who sponsored legislation that expanded oral health coverage/access/services to underserved populations
- A school leader who incorporated oral health education into the district's core curriculum
- A company that highlighted health equity as a key business principle and is designing programs to address health disparities
- A community coalition/advocate that successfully protected health rights or health services for residents of their state
- An employer that provides quality health/wellness resources to low-wage workers
- An organization using big data to drive consumer-focused solutions to address health disparities
Nominate your hero before April 26.
DentaQuest is a purpose-driven oral health care company that is dedicated to advancing oral health for all. We bring a uniquely holistic perspective to our work – as we manage dental and vision benefits for more than 27 million Americans and provide direct care to patients through our network of more than 85 oral health centers in five states.
DentaQuest provides flexible and customized dental solutions for Medicaid and CHIP, Medicare Advantage, small and large businesses and individuals throughout the U.S. Our clients range from state governments to leading health plans.
At DentaQuest, we believe that business performance and social impact go hand-in-hand, and we have provided more than $200 million in funding for research, grants, and programs to advance oral health in communities across the country.
Our mission is bold – our commitment is strong. By advancing oral health for everyone, we will achieve better health for all. Welcome to Preventistry.
To learn more about DentaQuest and Preventistry, visit Preventistry.org, and follow us on social: Twitter @DentaQuest, Facebook www.facebook.com/DentaQuest, Instagram @Inside_DentaQuest, and LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/DentaQuest.